Next Sunday, July 2nd, at 5:30 pm, after the last performance of “The Epilepsy Algorithm“, at Teatro da Cerca de São Bernardo, we will hold a conversation, where we will discuss the various themes that inspired this play and that found in it an artistic approach.
As during the show’s creation process, public participation will be highly valued, so we invite all the audience present, as well as all those who wish to join us only after the show, to attend and participate in this informal conversation, by raising questions or enriching the debate with their own personal experiences.
We will have the pleasure of having with us people from different contexts, who kindly accepted our invitation and will certainly offer diverse perspectives on the topics to be shared:
– a neurologist, Francisco Sales (Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra);
– a person with epilepsy, Fátima Lameiras;
– a seizure prediction researcher, César Teixeira (DEI / FCTUC – Computer Engineering Department of the Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Coimbra)
– a human-computer interaction researcher, Paula Alexandra Silva (DEI / FCTUC);
– the director of the show, Mário Montenegro (Marionet);
– the researcher who challenged Marionet for this project, Mauro Pinto (DEI / FCTUC), who will moderate, who will moderate the conversation.
We believe this will be a moment of personal and scientific sharing of great relevance, taking into account one of the main goals of this Marionet’s show, i.e., the increase of general knowledge about epileptic disease and other associated themes, through theatre and artistic creation.