Reading Theatre with Science | “A Disappearing Number" by Simon McBurney, Complicite Company
The 9th session of Reading Theatre with Science is coming soon! This session will take place at Marionet’s space on November 23rd at 6 pm.
After the close race for the podium between the six most voted plays of LTCC (Reading Theatre with Science) that didn’t reach the first place, “A Disappearing Number” was the chosen play!
The Collaborative Translation Project is already preparing Simon McBurney and Complicite’s work to present us “A Disappearing Number”, for the first time, in Portuguese.
We thank everyone who voted and all those who gave a little of their time to translate.
The plays being voted on were:
- A Disappearing Number, by Simon McBurney
- Emilie: La Marquise Du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight, by Lauren Gunderson
- Infinity, by Hannah Moscovitch
- Photograph 51, by Anna Ziegler
- Rocket Girl, by George D. Morgan
- The Radiant, by Shirley Lauro
The project Ler Teatro com Ciência (Reading Theatre with Science) aims to present contemporary dramaturgies related to science, in the form of public readings. The readings take place either in Marionet’s headquarters or in other places to be announced and are open to all interested parties. It was planned to start in 2020, but the limitations brought by the pandemic made its start impossible, so it only happened on the 26th of May 2021.
- "A Disappearing Number", by Simon McBurney