Dozens of lectures, workshops, shows, performances, talks and visits brought together around 150 people for the 2nd edition of the international conference “Theatre about Science”, in a very familiar atmosphere of conviviality and sharing between people linked to the sciences and the performing arts.
Marionet is proud to have contributed to the creation of a community of professionals who cross the disciplines of theatre and science, but who didn’t have a meeting place. Coimbra has become that space and is already on the radar of dozens of countries and institutions from all over the world.
With the contagious enthusiasm transmitted by the speakers, we are buzzing with ideas, not only for the 2025 event, but also for other projects we want to develop.
Finally, we would like to express our thanks to:
– All the entities that contributed to holding the Conference, starting with the co-organisation of the University of Coimbra, through the Centre for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, iiiUC, CEIS20 and Teatro Académico de Gil Vicente. The production support and dissemination from the Convento São Francisco, the Faculty of Letters of the University of Coimbra, the Rómulo Science Centre and SciComPT was also fundamental, as was funding from the DGArtes and the Municipality of Coimbra.
– The technical, production, communication and management teams at the various venues where the activities took place.
– The Scientific Committee who, from the outset, worked alongside us in counselling and validating the presentations submitted.
– All the volunteers who, with their indispensable work, made the various logistical aspects of the conference run smoothly.
– The speakers, academics, scientists, and artists who enriched the meeting with their wisdom and experience.
– All the people who took part, attended and, in some way, got involved with their work and effort in this edition of “Theatre about Science”.